Providing complete peace of mind to the UK transport industry

0141 237 6950
Basket - Checkout

Who needs ADR training?

Under the European Agreement on ADR, drivers of vehicles with tanks and certain tank components, and some drivers of vehicles carrying dangerous goods in packages, must hold a special vocational certificate of training, usually referred to as an ADR training certificate or a Driver Training Certificate (DTC).

ADR training is not only for vocational drivers (those holding category C licences). Drivers’ with only category B licences (car and van) may require ADR training in order to transport small hazardous packages.

Since the regulations were changed in 2004, more people involved in the carriage of these types of goods were given responsibilities and require awareness training in the operations that they undertake; these people include loaders, handlers, consigners and consignees.

Category: ADR Training